Monday, June 16, 2008

SingSnap Stir Crazy!

I've been going nuts over a website called SingSnap. It's a karaoke community where you can record yourself singing songs and post them to things like Myspace or blogs or whatever. There should be an example embedded here somewhere.

And you can open it to all the other obsessed singers on SingSnap and they can rate you and leave comments.

But that's not the really cool part.

You can also record a duet with yourself. You know, record yourself singing one part, then again while singing another part with yourself.

Or you can harmonize with complete strangers you've never met who live thousands of miles away. Or with people you love.

Hint, hint.

The idea that I could sing Broadway show songs with my closest friends or country songs with my daddy or make my mommy happy just hearing my voice, it blows my mind. And brings tears to my eyes.

Okay, that's not a hint, that's a tell.

I've got "Suddenly Seymour" on there right now waiting for a guy to sing Seymour's part. (Batting eyelashes at Matthew.)

My voice is beginning to return to its former strength. My upper range is still nonexistent (aarrrrrrrgh!) but it's creeping back like a nervous cat. I have to be careful not to push too hard and lose it again, but I was having so much fun today, I recorded several songs and had to make myself stop. I'm such a karaoke freak!!!

Anyway (one), please feel free to stop by for a listen. If you sign up for a free account, you'll be able to leave comments, too. (Gods, listen to me. I sound like an advertisement.)

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/profile/overview/b71b440e

Hope you enjoy the website as much as I do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Do you need a microphone for your computer? (I don't have one.)

Sparklecat said...

Yes, unfortunately. I got lucky and one came with our laptop. But you should see the set-ups some of the serious snappers are on there! Professional quality! I can't even do echo or anything like that.

Anonymous said...

Excellent ωeb site. Ρlentу οf helpful info hеrе.
I am sending іt to a few pаlѕ ans additiοnally ѕharing іn dеlicious.
And of course, thanκ уou to yοur
еffoгt!

my blog; reputation management