Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's not possible ...

I'm still in shock. My world is upside down. This is one of those people I thought would never die, that somehow or other he would redeem himself and come back bigger than ever. There was a time when I worshipped this man. Maybe I didn't spend the money on the paraphernalia of a rabid fan, but I loved his music. I loved (most of) his dancing. I have the whole "Thriller" monster dance memorized still, for crying out loud! I have the "Thriller" video on my iPod, the only music video on there.

I don't believe it. I refuse to believe it. Now I understand why there are so many people out there who believe Elvis and Marilyn are still alive, that they faked their deaths to lead normal existences. I'm like to believe that first myself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and hoping there really is one to drop.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

You and me both. I wonder if, w/ all the debt and legal troubles he had, he didn't end it himself.
I was on his side during the molestation trial. (Did anybody really think he even knew HOW to put the lime in the coconut, let alone do it to a kid?)
Funny you mention Elvis. I remember, and I'm sure you do too, all the "Elvis is Alive!" stuff in the few years after he passed. Maybe you're right and we'll hear the same about Michael.
In other news, Farrah Fawcett also died. Good night, Charlie.

Sparklecat said...

Yeah, I know. Very sad. And the guy with the really big voice that did product commercials died, too. What's going on in Hollywood these days?!