Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Update + Star Wars Day!

Just got an offer of a contract for my little historical romance tale from Breathless Press! I'm extremely excited because this one is royalty based, and it's definitely a change from all the horror tales I've been writing lately.

My dry period is still going, but I have the feeling this will change soon. The hardest part for me is trying to find story ideas. And some dry periods are a lot longer than others. And some are video game induced.

I'm going to take a writerly buddy's advice and just take one of the ideas I don't like so much and write it anyway. Something good may come of it. And it's better to write something bad than not write at all.

This marks the first of my stories to come with requests for additional scenes. So that will also get my little digits typing again.

My second anthology from Pill Hill Press, "How the West Was Wicked," will be hitting Amazon and Barnes and Noble soon, too. Bound editions will follow shortly after. I'll post the links in the sidebar as soon as I have them.

I have not ordered copies of my first anthology yet because I thought I'd wait until this next one came out. Help save on shipping to Alaska.

My brain is working in short sound bytes today. Guess I better pack it in for now.

Happy Star Wars Day to all you stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking nerf herders! May the Fourth be with you!

1 comment:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Congrats! :)

Interesting idea of writing something, anything, even if you're not crazy about it. I would think lots of intriguing tangents might emerge from that and whole new stories and characters develop.