Monday, June 13, 2011

A Girl Could Get Used to This ...

Got two emails in my box today, one a rejection and one an acceptance!

And I love them both equally. I'm wacky like that.

Library of the Living Dead Press is picking up my evil little tale, "All in the (Devil's) Family" for their "Hellology" anthology. It's one of my more adult tales (as in some sex and violence.) I'm sure it would shock my mother if she read it.

I also got to see the cover art for my romance tale that was picked up by Breathless Press a few months ago. There is no cure for this drooling problem I have developed the last few months, and I don't want a cure. The editing process of this tale has been pretty intense (in comparison to my other stories), but it has been worth every step. I may faint when I finally see it available on their website.

I'm enjoying this so much that I've been in a bit of a writing frenzy lately. Searching for other publishing sites to resubmit previous work, writing new stories with a queue of other story ideas waiting to be written, even pondering starting a website someday.

One thing bothers me; I wish I typed faster. I haven't worked on any of my novels this year because all my writing time is spent crafting new short stories. It feels like it takes me forever to write a thousand words. I have one finished novel and I would like to finish the other three that have been sitting around for a few years.

So the Pill Hill Press anthology "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night" should be coming out either end of June or sometime in July. The Breathless Press story should be available in ebook form in August. Will be posting links as soon as I can.

Onward and upward!

2 comments:

Joe Romel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe Romel said...

OK, let me try that again, and this time, maybe I'll get your name right!

CONGRATS ON EVERYTHING, SPARKLECAT!!!!!!!!

Seriously, how cool is that? So happy for shoo.