Sunday, October 30, 2011

First snow of 2011!

Wasn't expecting snow this morning when I woke up. The last weather report I saw said it was going to be mostly clear and cold this week. I should stop looking at Alaska weather reports. Alaska is too big for them to be right.

It wasn't very much, just a dusting. Enough to cover the ground and the cars with the grass still peeking through. I'm going to have to learn to drive the Jeep in the snow. I hope it won't be a harsh lesson.

I've stacked all the movies I consider to be my Halloween favorites on the table. Today I'm watching "Bram Stoker's Dracula." I remember how this movie was the epitome of cool and pushing the envelope, but now it seems so simple. And much as I love Keanu Reeves, his acting in this movie was absolutely wretched. Like a block of wood. But I adore the costumes and the old school effects.

To add to my Halloween happiness, my little vampire tale has been accepted by SNM Horror Mag for their November issue. This brings my total of acceptances this year to twelve. My writing has slowed down considerably these last two months. I've mostly been doing the Light Ray version, one story and one submission a month, but I continue to march onward. I've decided to write a novel for Nanowrimo (a horror novel, surprise, surprise), which means I might not get any short stories written for the next month. Ah, well. As long as writing continues, the rest will happen as it may.

I've been extremely tired of late, probably due to the extra classes I've been teaching, and all the practices of new routines. I need to do a video of my kickboxing class soon, which is slightly freaky, though I've done these video things three times before. The numbers in that class stayed above fifteen until this week, when they suddenly dropped to around five or six. I heard it was parent-teacher conference week, so that may have something to do with it.

Today seems like a good day to curl up by the heater and watch movies. I better get to it. :)

No comments: