Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy yew near!

What's a yew?

Anyway, this is the first post of 2009!!!!

And I have nothing interesting to say.

Just kidding.

Lookie what I did with some of my friends here in Wasilla, Alaska! Summer, who is props mistress for the Spitfire Grill, invited me to join her in this video project. Apparently there's a contest for promoting a book called "Beyond Heaving Bosoms". Summer wrote a script, gathered a bunch of us together, and we shot almost all of it in one day.

And I gotta tell you, that was one blustery day! Single digits with a wind chill in the negatives. We'd run outside, do a shot, then run back in and warm up until the next take. I'm glad I was wearing my red Southern Bell dress; I had my long johns and my hiking boots with thick wool socks underneath!

Win or lose, we had a total blast. I can't wait to see the bloopers! Here's the finished project:



I'm "amnesia girl"!

Happy New Year to one and all. This year, my resolution is to finally finish and lay to rest the novel I have been working on for seven years. It's the first novel I ever completed, but I've been rewriting and polishing it forever. I want to get it done and start submitting it for publication, then move on to my other projects waiting in the wings.

Anyway, hubby has commanded my attention elsewhere. Adios, adieu, and all that jazz until later!

1 comment:

Writing on Board said...

I'm also not sure why I'm here but I'm very angry. Heh. Happy New Year, Sparkle!