Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hippo birdie two ewe!!

Though she was dragged kicking and screaming into her 3rd decade of life, my bestest buddy held herself with quiet dignity and grace as we sang the Hippo Birdie song in celebration.

Too true, it was a small party, but it was huge in significance. I loved her expression when she saw what I had put on her cake to replace the age old torment of candles to be put out by an extinguisher:

Firefly figurines that my brother had found. Mal, Jayne, and River in her Reaver ass-kicking pose. One for each decade. Bwah!

Many happy returns of the day, Melly Bean. I love you so much, I'll never be able to express it, even in a million blog posts. Gods all bless and may you be forever surrounded by idiots.

1 comment:

Miss Mel said...

Sweetie, you made my day so speschal! Hell, I was touched to the core when I found out that you had requested (demanded?) the day off work! I LOVED the Serenity Ice Cream Cake and Firefly card game (BWAH!) Matthew gave me something new and fun to look forward to (I don't think I've ever been to the Macaroni Grill) and best of all, I don't feel 30! You guys are the best. I really had a wonderful birthday. Thank you so much. I love you both!