Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'll Be Back...

Yep, it's true, my devoted readers. I'm going back to California for a few days to visit family and friends! In fact, my bestest buddy in the whole wide world is going to pick me up at the airport when I arrive Tuesday night! My boss is so totally cool about my need to see home every once in a while.

It's freaking expensive, though, even with all those websites that promise low ticket prices. Well, it seems they're only really lower if you book a hotel in conjunction, which is not something I need to do when going to visit family! It's over $800 dollars for roundtrip from Alaska.

At least I've got an Alaska Airlines card now, so I'll be able to rack up the miles and get companion tickets and other benefits that I can use. Seems every one up here has one and I can see why!

Logan is a little freaked because he will have to take care of the puppy and kitties all alone. But he insisted on me going because he knows how I've been feeling.

It's not the lack of light bothering me. In fact, there's more daylight than I had been led to believe during the wintertime here and we've already passed the longest night of the year.

It's not the constant snow and cold. As long as you dress for it, it's not problem. I can't wait to break out my shorts when I get to California! Ha ha! Not to mention the puppy loves that white powder and burrows in it every time he gets a chance.

The job is all right. (Sorry, Wendy, I know that's not what you were hoping for.) I still don't think I'm management material, but I work with some great people and I really like my boss, too. I've been lucky in bosses (Steve, Wendy, Perus.)

It's homesickness, pure and simple. It's hard to find time to talk to them on the phone. It's mostly email. My mind still reels when I ponder exactly how far away they really are.

Logan and I were almost ready to give up and go back when the next California store opens (later this year). Who knows? We might still do that.

But we want to give this a decent chance. We haven't really been able to get out in Alaska and experience it. I want to see what the summer is like.

Anyway, I'll be flying out Tuesday, January 22nd, arriving in Sac around 9:42 pm. I'll be in town Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and flying back to Anchorage around 9:15 am Saturday morning. I want to see everybody and do a million things and eat really good Chinese food! (The Chinese food kind of sucks here.)

Then I'll be back again at the end of March for my bestest buddy's wedding. By the way, Myn, so you still want me to sing? What do you want me to sing? Did we ever decide on that?

And Dad, I'm bringing my guitar. I just need to find a hard case for it so I can bring it as checked luggage on the plane!

No comments: