Thursday, August 2, 2007

More Moving News!

All the managers going to Alaska had a meeting last night and we learned some more about when and how we're moving.

We are going up there on October 1st. There was some iffiness about whether we'd be coming back for a couple weeks after the interviews, but Logan and I are thinking we may stay up there instead. It would be easier on the cats for one thing. But also, we may be looking for a house right off the bat.

The store manager told us about a real estate agent who could set up a deal for all the managers who are interested in buying a house and save us a bunch of money. And he told us that we are moving at the best time to buy a house in the Wasilla area. Housing prices are going to be crashing soon and October to May is the best time to buy. So we are considering forgoing an apartment altogether and looking for a house as soon as we get up there. I'm so excited!

We discussed how our stuff is going to get moved. Basically our car and all our stuff will be put into a 40 foot "pod", or shipping container, which will take about five days to sail up to Alaska and will then be placed at the store site. Then we will rent a U-haul and take our stuff to wherever we're going to be living. The store will be paying for a hotel until we secure a place to live.

I had thought that when I started working, I was going to be bundled off to Reno for my training and that I'd be started at an hourly wage until we got to Alaska. Actually what's happening is I'll be working in Customer Service for a week, starting August 20th, then getting trained for two weeks, then working for the rest of the time until we leave, all right here in California. And I'll be starting off with my salary, too, so we'll be able to save a good chunk of money before we go.

I WANT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION, SO THAT'S WHY THIS IS IN CAPS. ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION NOW? GOOD!

We're moving the yard sale to the weekend of August 11th and 12th. Once again, we will be too busy to celebrate our anniversary on the 11th, but that's okay. It's been that way ever since we got married.

With all the information we got last night, this has changed how we are viewing what we'll take with us and we want some time to ponder it. Also, I simply haven't had enough time to get it all sorted out, anyway. I'll email this to all my friends and family so they'll know. This way, moving all the yard sale stuff to my parents' house will coincide with moving out of the apartment, so we'll do it all in one fell swoop.

All right, I've hit a roadblock in my mind, so I must be out of things to say.

Oh! Roadblock is cleared! Melly Bean, I think I may be able to swing March for your happy little event. I talked to the store manager and he said we should be able to arrange something in that time. Yea!

Blessed be, y'all!

No comments: